Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A question that I recieve from people quite frequently is, "Is it hard being a mom?" It also comes in different forms such as "is it hard having to wake up multiple times in the night", "is it hard having to entertain him all day", "is it hard having to take him everywhere you go"??? There is many more, but they are all basically similar. I find this question so funny! And here is my answer to these questions: NO!! I think being a mom is the best, funnest, and most wonderful thing I have ever done. I enjoy taking him everywhere I go even if his carseat is fifty pounds. He makes grocery store and JoAnn's trips entertaining with his loud coos that make everyone in the store peek inside the carseat to see what cute lil thing is making so much noise. I am not the one who has to do the entertaining around our house, he keeps me entertained. I find myself stopping all that I am doing just to try and make him smile, or my recent favorite... laugh! I also notice myself doing this when he is talking up a storm to his frog friend that dangles above him on his play mat. And as for the night interruptions, they just might be my favorite. Besides the fact that he is super cuddly at 3 A.M. , I find that I miss him by that time in the morning and am glad I get to pick him up out of his crib.

3 comments:

Rachel Forbush said...

I am glad you posted this. I hear a lot of new mom's complain about different aspects of being a mother...and so I have wondered if it is possible to just completely love every minute of it. I am glad you do...I am determined to love every minute of it too! Thanks!

Linda said...

Heather, you are so cute. I am glad you posted this. You do look very happy being a mother!

stout family said...

motherhood IS the greatest! maybe it isnt always easy...but i wouldn't trade it for the WORLD!!!! I am sure you are a great mom...you do have one of he best moms as an example! happy mother's day!